AGEC has been involved in the successful completion of many difficult construction projects where geohazards have been safely assessed and successfully managed to project completion. We have provided guidance for the subsequent maintenance of these projects and have been retained for annual inspections.
Our detailed geotechnical design and Risk Assessments have been performed for:
- Structural Foundations
- Earthworks - Temporary and Permanent Design
- Tunnels/Pipelines/Motorways/Railways/Drainage Schemes/Quarries & Mines
- Retaining Structures - Gabion Walls, Sheet Piled Walls, Cofferdams
- Anchored Earth Solutions
- Ground Water Management Systems
- Slope Stabilisation Measures - Soils Nails, Rock Bolt, Sprayed Concrete
- Construction over Soft Ground - Piled Embankments, Band Drains, Surcharging
- Site Specific Instrumentation & Monitoring Regimes
AGEC has carried out forensic investigation of manifested geohazards such as landslides. Our remit has been to report on the cause of failure and to assess the stability of the entire construction site in order to allow for completion of the construction in a safe manner. This work has generally been reported using a hazard zonation plan of the site representing the stability and more importantly the hazardous areas to be avoided.
Find out about Expert Witness.